Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer "Mom" Influenster Voxbox

I recently joined "Influenster", a community that allows you to share your experiences with certain products.  You can win "badges" which help you qualify to receive samples of some of these products.  You know I am a makeup & nail polish junkie, but I am also a Momma.  That is why I was chosen to receive the  "Mom" Box of samples (called a "Voxbox") ...side note: are my "quotations" annoying you as much as they are annoying me? "Quote me on that") ;D

Anyhoo-back to my fantastic box!

This is the first time I've received a box from them, so I had no idea what to expect.  When it arrived, I thought it was pretty cool:

So I've had a few weeks exploring these items- now I'll let you know what I think!

Impress Press On Manicure: Admittedly, this is the part I was most excited to see when I first opened my box.  I've been curious about these very fashionable faux nails that have been popping up everywhere lately, but hadn't given them a try yet. The last time I wore false nails, I was between the ages of 10-14.  I CLEARLY remember asking my mother to get me a set for my 10th birthday (she did- yay!).  I would wear them while riding my bike and I thought I was so fancy.  These are much easier to put on than the fake nails of the past.  The set I received was purple:

 The packaging is adorable!  A little polish bottle shaped container with 24 nails:

The back of each nail comes already prepped with sticky stuff.  All you have to do is peel that clear tab off and press them on! SO much easier than the ones I tried before, where you had to put your sticky tabs on or use nail glue:

So, once they were on, they looked pretty good...


But, there were a few problems.  First, my nail beds aren't very wide.  My hands and fingers are the smallest part of me (for reference, my wedding ring is a size 4 1/2 :) so I typically don't fit well in "one size fits all" type situations.  The other thing is that these are not very curvaceous.  If you have any type of significant "C" curve in your nail, this will probably happen:

Another point I'd like to make is that my nails are on the longer side right now.  I think if I had nubs right now, I'd find these to be a better fit.

 They look super from this angle!  I am going to buy a few more of these to keep on hand for times when my nails are not as long.  They will be perfect to wear for a special occasion, and they have tons of cool designs!  The "wear" on them was fabulous too- very sturdy.  You don't have to worry about them falling off into your hair if you should run your fingers through it!


Next items, Stash Tea and Nektar Honey Crystals:

I received a full size box of Stash Herbal & Green Tea "Superfruits":

 And what goes better with tea than honey?  These packets of Nektar Honey Crystals are SO cool and innovative:
 Close up view of the honey crystals- much less trouble than regular honey:

I decided to try the blueberry tea first:
  The blueberry tea starting to steep; the color contrast was so vibrant:
 After about 5 min of steeping, the tea had a pretty blueberry color.  This smelled amazing! It tasted like a handful of ripe, mashed up blueberries were crammed into my cup.  So delicious and the Nektar Honey Crystals were the perfect sweetener for this!

Oooh, and for the snack with my tea, I had my Quaker Soft Baked Oatmeal Cookie!  Just kidding.  I ate that thing as soon as my box arrived :D  It was huge and soft and yummy. Reminded me of a homemade cookie:

After all my snacking, I couldn't wait to use my Dentek Floss Picks!  (C'mon, that was the perfect segue!!!!) I use these regularly, even before receiving them in my Voxbox.  I could not live without them!    They are great to keep in your purse as well. You never know when your going to have that annoying piece of popcorn stuck in you teeth at the movies, right?

Lastly, there was a full size bar of Ivory Soap.  Ivory soap is a classic.  It's been around for years- 1891 is when it first came out (with the slogan, "It Floats!").  When I think of Ivory, I think of the words "clean" and "classic". And then, there's the smell- that delightful, pure, nostalgic smell.  I kept sniffing my bar:

 Washing my hands with it, smelling that smell and feeling those bubbles, brought me back in time.  I was 3 years old again and my Mom was giving me a bath:  <3

Have you tried any of these products before?  What are your thoughts on the Impress Nails?  Are you a coffee or tea person usually? Do the pictures of my soap suds entice you?

No comments:

Post a Comment