Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Julep Maven Box for July! (American Beauty)

Here are some pictures of my Julep Maven Box for July!  I am usually the "Boho Glam" style, but I switched things up this month and picked "American Beauty" instead.  I was really excited about this month's box when I got the preview email.  Not only were there 2 cool polishes and a lip gloss, but this was the box that also contained the free "America" polish for the 4th of July!  To take it one step further, I did something else that I usually don't do- I "added on" the other special glitter polish for the month, "O Canada" (Julep gives you the option to add on to your box for a discounted price).

Such cute packaging and some candy fire balls too!



My add-on shipped seperately, so it has a pic all of it's own :D  :
O Canada

Here is "Lynn" (described as "nude blush pearl").  I did 3 layers here. The formula was great, although a little sheer.  The brush strokes tend to show up on this one too, so I went over them lightly with my clean up brush dipped in acetone and it smoothed them out and made the strokes less visible.  "Yumi" ("pink opalescent multi-dimensional glitter" is layered on my ring finger:


Here is the lip gloss, "Peony".  This color is designed to match the nail polish "Lynn".  The consistency is great on this as well- not too thick or thin, and not overly sticky.  It has a small brush applicator.  The smell (something very important to me in my lip glosses) was nice- it reminded me of a vanilla sugar and it wasn't too overpowering.  The color is very sheer and natural:
Here is a shot of "America" from my post the other day (layered over Julep Catherine):

I haven't tried "O Canada" yet, but plan on doing it soon!  I LOVED my box this month - I feel like the boxes have been getting more exciting lately!


No comments:

Post a Comment