Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Lazy Days Of Summer Challenge: Day 3-Flag Day

Here I am, on day 3 of The Lazy Days Of Summer Challenge!  Today's theme is "Flag Day", and with the 4th of July coming up, I couldn't wait to try out a manicure idea I had in my head, using my new Wet N Wild "Stars & Stripes" polish that my friend Brandi sent me :)

Here is what I did.

I used Sally Hansen "Thinking Of Blue" as a base on 2 of my nails then topped it with Wet N Wid "Stars & Stripes).  For the other 2 nails, I did a white base color and then used my red striping tape:

BUT WAIT!  You need to see my thumb too, because it is my favorite:
Bam!
 American Flags & Fireworks go together like peas & carrots (Forest Gump?).

For my thumb, I used OPI Onyx as my base color.  I then took a small brush and painted Julep Sienna (gold) on.  After that, I went over it with China Glaze "Electrify".  Explosive!

L-R: Thinking of Blue, WnW Craze White, Onyx

L-R: Stars & Stripes, Sienna, Electrify




So there you have it!  I feel like my pictures are crap today, but at least you get the idea.  (Side note: I really need a new camera, but don't want to break the bank.  Any suggestions?)  Are you going to do an Independence day manicure this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment